Wyndham Rewards just announced its latest promotion for points purchased. The program doesn’t often sell points with a bonus, so such promotions are quite rare.
Buy Wyndham Points with a 40% bonus
Wyndham Rewards is offering a 40% bonus on points purchased through Monday, April 5, 2021::
- You can receive a 40% bonus as long as you earn at least 2,000 points in one transaction
- You can earn up to 45,000 points per account per calendar year
- Points are usually sold in increments of 1,000 for 1.3 cents per point
- Points will be credited within 72 hours of an eligible purchase
This promotion allows you to earn a maximum of 63,000 points (including the 40% bonus) at a price of $ 585, which equates to a rate of ~ 0.93 cents per Wyndham Rewards point.
When Wyndham Rewards has a promotion for points purchased it is typically in the 30-40% range. So this is as good as offers.
How to redeem Wyndham Rewards points
When it comes to redeeming Wyndham Rewards points, there are three levels of hotels:
- Around a third of the properties cost 7,500 points per night
- Much of the property costs 15,000 points per night
- A few hundred hotels cost 30,000 points per night
At a rate of ~ 0.93 cents per Wyndham Point earned, this is like a payment:
- ~ $ 70 for one night in an entry-level hotel
- ~ $ 140 for one night in a medium sized hotel
- ~ $ 280 for one night in a premium hotel
I would guess there are few cases where the math is good for buying points, although there are always exceptions. Perhaps the best value comes from situations where you only need to buy a few thousand points to get enough for an award stay.
Which credit card should you use to purchase Wyndham points?
If you want to buy Wyndham Rewards points, please note that purchases are processed by points.com. This means that they are not considered a hotel purchase for credit card spending purposes.
So I would recommend using a card that you try to meet the minimum spend or otherwise a credit card that will maximize your return on daily expenses.
In this post, you will learn more about which credit cards are best for purchasing points.
Wyndham Rewards offers a 40% bonus on points purchased that allows you to purchase points for less than a penny each. While I definitely wouldn’t speculatively buy Wyndham Rewards Points at this price, the math might work for some.
For those who are Wyndham Rewards fans, are there traits that could get you out of value with this promotion?