If you haven’t already Chase Sapphire Preferred® card or Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardGiven the newly introduced bonuses, this is a fantastic time to apply.
Chase Sapphire Preferred: Earn 80,000 points
The Chase Sapphire preferred is now offering an incredible two-part sign up bonus which is the best publicly available bonus we’ve seen on this card:
- To earn 80,000 bonus points for Ultimate Rewards after spending $ 4,000 in three months
- Receive a one-time credit for automatic statements of up to $ 50 for grocery store purchases;; Eligible purchases within the first 12 months are automatically applied to the balance, and there is no spend threshold to be eligible for this balance
This bonus is 20,000 Ultimate Rewards larger than before. Based on my rating of Ultimate Rewards points, I think this bonus is an incredible $ 1,410.
Redeem your Ultimate Rewards points for some incredible hotel stays
Why should you get the Sapphire Preferred
The annual fee of $ 95 Chase Sapphire preferred is one of the best rounded mid-range cards out there. The map:
Read a full review of the Chase Sapphire Preferred here.
Earn bonus points while dining with the Sapphire Preferred
Chase Sapphire Reserve: Earn 60,000 points
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is now offering a sign up bonus of 60,000 bonus points for Ultimate Rewards after spending $ 4,000 in three months. Based on my rating of Ultimate Rewards points, I think this bonus is $ 1,020. This is the best bonus we’ve seen on the card since the first bonus we saw when the card launched a few years ago.
Redeem your Ultimate Rewards points for business class flights
Why should you get the Sapphire Reserve
The annual fee of $ 450 Chase Sapphire preferred is one of the most popular premium credit cards. The map:
- Offers 3x points for food and travel
- Offers $ 300 annual travel credit that can be used to offset the annual fee
- Offers a Priority Pass membership that gives you access to the airport lounge
- Has great travel protection
- Serves as a good hub card for Chase Ultimate Rewards and allows you to maximize the other cards in the portfolio
- Offers flexible points that can be transferred to an airline or Chase Ultimate Rewards hotel partner that can be redeemed at 1.5 cents each for a travel purchase or for a limited time at that rate for daily expenses
Read a full overview of the Chase Sapphire Reserve here.
The Sapphire Reserve gives you access to the Priority Pass Lounge
Are you eligible for a Chase Sapphire card?
Note that you can only be approved for one of the Chase Sapphire cards if:
- You do not currently have a Chase Sapphire card (preferred or reserved).
- I haven’t received a new card membership bonus for a Chase Sapphire card (preferred or reserved) in the last 48 months
Also, be aware of the general rules for applying for Chase cards, including the 5/24 rule.
You can only apply for a Chase Sapphire card
Which Chase Sapphire Card Should You Get?
If I personally picked up one of these cards, I would probably pick that one Chase Sapphire preferred::
- The bonus offers an additional 20,000 Ultimate Rewards points and up to $ 50 in credit for groceries, which is significant
- Even if you decide in the long term that this is what you want Chase Sapphire Reserveyou can apply for the Sapphire Preferred and if you have had the card for at least a year you should be able to change the product
You might as well earn more Ultimate Rewards points!
We’re seeing some spectacular new sign-up bonuses on Chase’s Sapphire cards. So if you don’t already have these cards, it’s time to pick them up.
You can’t go wrong with either card – as long as I have them Chase Sapphire Reserve and i love it, personally i would pick this up Chase Sapphire preferredGiven the much better bonus (the best so far for the card) and the lower annual fee as you can make product changes at any time in the future.
Are you planning on getting a Chase Sapphire card with this big bonus?