In this post, I wanted to talk about the ongoing World of Hyatt Brand Explorer promotion that will allow World of Hyatt members to receive free nightly certificates for exploring the Hyatt portfolio.
Hyatt’s Brand Explorer Offer
With Hyatt’s Brand Explorer promotion, you can You can earn a free Category 1-4 Night Certificate for every five unique Hyatt brands you stay with::
- As of now, Hyatt has 18 brands, which means you can earn up to three free nightly certificates (which you would get for staying at 15 brands).
- No registration is required and any qualifying stay (paid or reward) linked to your World of Hyatt account will count towards this
- This is in no way tied to the calendar year or typical membership year, but you can purchase these free nightly allowances for multi-year stays if you wish. For example, if you stay at a new Hyatt brand every year, you will receive a free night certificate after five years
- The free night certificate is valid for 180 days from the date it is issued. You need to complete your stay by that date instead of just booking by then. Currently, however, Hyatt has extended the expiration of free night certificates
Earn free nights when you explore the Hyatt portfolio
What are the Hyatt brands?
Hyatt has 18 brands which are as follows:
- Aim of Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Centric
- Hyatt House
- Hyatt Place
- Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Residence Club
- Hyatt Zilara
- Hyatt Ziva
- enjoyment of life
- Park Hyatt
- Unbound collection
As you can see, only brands directly managed by Hyatt will qualify. Therefore, stays in small luxury hotels around the world and MGM hotels do not apply to the Brand Explorer offer.
UrCove is one of Hyatt’s newest brands
How can you keep track of how many Hyatt brands you’ve stayed with?
You can see how many Hyatt brands you have stayed with on the World of Hyatt website or mobile app. Just go to the Brand Explorer section and it will show you how many unique brands you have visited (including which ones) and how many free night certificates you have earned.
The Hyatt Brand Explorer dashboard
This is a fun way for Hyatt to engage members
This promotion is a fun way for World of Hyatt to engage members and get them to try more brands. I can’t say the Brand Explorer promotion ever directly affected my whereabouts, but I love checking out this dashboard from time to time and it reminds me of the Hyatt brands I haven’t stayed at have.
While I’ve had top Hyatt status for over a decade and I’m nearing lifelong Globalist status, there are still many Hyatt brands that I haven’t stayed with.
Looking at the Hyatt brands I haven’t stayed at:
- I’ve always wanted to stay at a Miraval so this is the most obvious brand that I haven’t stayed at
- I’m a bit surprised that I’ve never stayed in a Hyatt House. I think this brand is like Hyatt Place, except that every room has a kitchen.
- While Hyatt’s all-inclusive brands (Ziva and Zilara) look pretty good for what they are (especially when compared to Marriott’s all-inclusive initiative), I generally don’t particularly care
- I guess I’ll be turning off staying at a Joie de Vivre in the not too distant future. This is a brand that Hyatt acquired as part of its Two Roads Hospitality acquisition
- Destination by Hyatt is probably the Hyatt brand I know least about and I can’t say any of the properties have ever tempted me, although I’d like to know if there are any I should review
- I’m sure I’ll stay at a Hyatt Residence Club at some point. In particular, I’ve heard good things about the Hyatt Carmel Highlands
- UrCove is a new Hyatt brand in China so it’s unlikely I’ll be staying at any of these hotels anytime soon
Miraval is the Hyatt brand I would love to experience most
With Hyatt’s ongoing Brand Explorer promotion, for every five Hyatt brands you stay with, you can earn a free Category 1-4 certificate for a free night. That way, you can earn up to three free nights over time, based on Hyatt’s current portfolio (if Hyatt adds two more brands, you can earn four).
Given how easy Hyatt is making it easy to keep track of this, I’m curious – how many Hyatt brands have you stayed with? Has anyone stayed at 15+ and earned three free nights? Has this action ever affected your whereabouts?