The British Airways Executive Club extended the status for 12 months in 2020. The program has now announced another status renewal for this year, which means that many members will be extending their status for another year (a trend that I think we will see with a lot more programs).
British Airways is extending the status by 12 months
The status of the British Airways Executive Club is not based on the traditional calendar year, but individuals have different membership years. British Airways just announced a status renewal:
- Members with end dates for the Tier Club collection between July 1 and December 31, 2021 will have their status extended for an additional 12 months regardless of how many Tier Points they earn
- This means that no member of the British Airways Executive Club will lose their status in 2021
- This follows the British Airways Executive Club, which is offering all members a one-year extension of status in June 2020
British Airways extends elite status by 12 months
British Airways is lowering the status threshold
In addition to extending the status for some, British Airways has also reduced Tier Points requirements by 25% for those with the Tier Point collection year ending date before July 2022 (this has already been announced). This is useful if you want to earn status from scratch, re-qualify for your future status, or move to a higher elite level.
The reduced tier point thresholds are as follows:
- Bronze status requires 225 status points or 18 eligible flights
- 450 status points or 37 eligible flights are required for silver status
- Gold status requires 1,125 status points
Note that the requirement to fly a certain number of British Airways or Iberia flights (two for Bronze members and four for Silver and Gold members) will still apply to those using the reduced status requirements.
British Airways has lowered the elite thresholds by 25%
British Airways vouchers will be renewed again
British Airways continues to extend the validity of Gold Upgrade Vouchers, Companion Vouchers and Travel Together tickets. An additional six months of validity will be added for those that should expire before December 31, 2021.
This is the third such extension after similar extensions in March 2020 and October 2020.
British Airways Travel Together tickets are renewed for six months
The British Airways Executive Club is extending the status of some members for an additional 12 months. This is the second extension we’ve seen. In addition, the program has reduced the requirements for the elite by 25% and has extended many vouchers for the third time for an additional six months.
Will you benefit from the British Airways Executive Club tier upgrades?