Chase and United Airlines have a co-branded credit card agreement for personal and small business cards. Well, today is that New United Quest® card has started and I am extremely impressed with the value proposition of this card.
The United Quest Card offers up to 100,000 km
As part of a time-limited start offer that is valid for applications until June 2, 2021, the United Quest Map offers Up to 100,000 MileagePlus bonus miles::
- Earn 80,000 MileagePlus bonus miles after spending $ 5,000 within three months
- Earn an additional 20,000 MileagePlus bonus miles after spending an additional $ 5,000 within six months
In other words, if you spend $ 10,000 within six months, you can earn 100,000 MileagePlus bonus miles.
Note that if you have any other co-branded United credit cards, you will be eligible for this offer. The only people not eligible are those who had the United Quest Card (which shouldn’t be a lot of people as the card has literally just started). Typical Chase usage rules apply, including the 5/24 rule.
Redeem your miles with Star Alliance airline partners
Benefits of the United Quest Card
The United Quest Map offers some particularly valuable benefits that quickly justify the $ 250 annual fee for the card:
- Earn $ 125 annual United purchase credit – Receive an automatic refund on your first United purchases of $ 125 that will be charged to your card each year of card membership
- Earn up to 10,000 miles back on awards – You will automatically receive 5,000 miles back in your MileagePlus account after you have booked a United-operated award flight with your miles up to twice a year
Earn bonus miles for MileagePlus when you redeem miles
In other words, if you spend at least $ 125 per year on United and redeem miles for just two one-way trips on United per year, you will get $ 125 and 10,000 MileagePlus miles, which I would with more than $ 250 rate per year.
Then there are all of the other benefits of the United Quest Card, including:
- A free first and second checked-in bag
- Priority boarding
- 25% back on United Inflight purchases
- Free award ticket upgrades if you are a Premier member
- Access to greater availability of MileagePlus awards
- Up to $ 100 Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Credit every four years
- The ability to earn up to 3,000 Premier Qualifying Points (PQPs) for spending on the card; Earn 500 PQPs for every $ 12,000 you spend on purchases
Save on in-flight purchases with the United Quest Card
United Quest Card reward structure
The United Quest Map has no overseas transaction fees and offers the following return:
- Earn 3x miles on United purchases
- Earn 2x miles for all travel and restaurant purchases
- Earn 1x miles for all other purchases
While there are other cards out there that hit the travel and food categories, these are some of the broadest bonus categories I’ve seen on a co-branded airline card.
Earn 3x miles when you buy a flight
The United Quest Map is the third personal card in the Chase & United roster, and I think it’s the most rewarding yet. While the $ 250 annual fee sounds high on the surface, you should get half that value back right there with the $ 125 annual United balance. Then there are the up to 10,000 miles you can earn annually when you spend miles, along with all of the other ongoing benefits.
Add the welcome bonus of up to 100,000 MileagePlus miles and this is a spectacular product.
What do you think of the new United Quest Card?