Southwest Airlines’ Rapid Rewards frequent flyer program has a new member bonus, which is quite rare. If you join the Rapid Rewards program now, you can earn up to 5,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points::
- Earn 3,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points after completing two one-way routes
- Earn an additional 2,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points after completing two additional one-way routes
- This applies to trips between April 1 and May 31, 2021
In other words, you can earn a total of 5,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points after completing four one-way streets.
There are a few more terms to be aware of:
- You must provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of booking
- Only paid flights booked directly with Southwest Airlines qualify and do not qualify for award flights
- A one-way trip is defined as a route from one city to another, even if there is an intermediate stop. So a connecting route would be considered a simple route
- Bonus points are credited four weeks after the end of the trip
Personally, I estimate Rapid Rewards points to be ~ 1.3 cents each. For me this means a bonus of ~ 40 USD after two one-way streets and a bonus of ~ 65 USD after a total of four one-way streets. This is in addition to the points you would normally earn with Rapid Rewards.
Southwest Rapid Rewards is offering new members up to 5,000 bonus points after completing four one-way streets in the coming weeks. The fact that there is a new member bonus at all is rare for the program, although the need to fly before the end of May limits its benefits for most.
Can anyone use this Rapid Rewards new member bonus?
(Tip of the hat to see from the wing)