The American Express® Business Gold Card just launched a phenomenal new limited time welcome bonus.
Amex Business Gold offers 70,000 points and 300 USD credit
For a limited time (until April 7th, 2021) Amex Business Gold is offering a special welcome bonus. You can earn:
- 70,000 Membership Rewards points after $ 10,000 within the first three months
- Up to $ 300 in bank statement balance – Up to $ 150 for US advertising in select media and up to US $ 150 for US shipping for eligible purchases within the first three months; There is no minimum amount to avail of these loans
This is a really top notch welcome bonus. I estimate Membership Rewards points to be ~ 1.7 cents each, so the 70,000 points are worth ~ $ 1,190 to me, and that doesn’t even take into account the $ 300 in bank statement balance.
For comparison: The Amex Business Gold previously offered a bonus of 35,000 points without any bank statement credit.
This is considered a hybrid card so it would not count towards the Amex limit of four credit cards, nor would applying for this card count as an additional card for Chase’s 5/24 rule.
Redeem Amex points for travel in ANA Business Class
Why the Amex Business Gold Card is valuable
There are many reasons to consider the $ 295 annual fee (Pricing & Fees). Amex Business GoldThe most important of these is the ability to earn 4x Membership Rewards points in the categories in which you spend the most.
This can change each billing cycle based on your spending patterns. The possible categories are as follows:
- Airfare bought directly from airlines
- US purchases for advertising in select media
- US purchases at gas stations
- US purchases in restaurants
- US purchases for shipping
- US computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases are made direct from select vendors
Based on my rating of points, this equates to a return of up to 6.8% in these categories.
Read a full review of the Amex Business Gold Card.
Collect 4x Amex points for your business lunch
Are you looking for a personal card instead?
If the Amex Business Gold sounds tempting but you’re looking for a personal card instead, there is good news like the $ 250 annual fee (pricing & fees) American Express® Gold Card has recently been updated and is also a particularly attractive card to apply for:
- The card offers a bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $ 4,000 within six months
- The card offers 4x points for restaurants and 4x points for US supermarkets (the latter category has a limit of $ 25,000 per year).
- The card offers additional perks like monthly meal credit and monthly Uber Cash, which for many, largely offset the annual fee
I would say this is the best personal card for collecting Amex Membership Rewards points.
Read a full review of the Amex Gold Card.
The Amex Gold offers 4x points for restaurants worldwide
The Amex Business Gold is offering a new limited time bonus that allows you to earn up to 70,000 Membership Rewards points and up to $ 300 in bank statement funds. If you don’t already have the card, this is an excellent deal worth considering.
In my experience, it is pretty easy to approve Amex business cards when you have excellent credit. This card does not count towards your Amex credit card limit, nor does it count towards Chase’s 5/24 limit.
Are you planning to receive the Amex Business Gold with this new welcome bonus?
The following links will take you to the prices and fees for the American Express cards mentioned. These include: American Express® Business Gold Card (prices and fees) and American Express® Gold Card (prices and fees).