The Milestone Rewards program offers discounts for exceeding certain thresholds per calendar year with World of Hyatt. There is one perk of Milestone Rewards that is confusing for globalist members. In this post I wanted to shed some light on the darkness.
World of Hyatt Milestone Rewards basics
As a reminder, the World of Hyatt Elite tier thresholds are typically as follows (although they have been reduced by 50% for 2021):
- Discoverist Status: 10 Qualifying Nights or 25,000 Basis Points (equivalent to $ 5,000 spend)
- Explorer Status: 30 Qualifying Nights or 50,000 Basis Points (equivalent to $ 10,000 spend)
- Globalist Status: 60 Qualifying Nights or 100,000 Basis Points (equivalent to spending $ 20,000)
Aside from qualifying for status, there are milestone rewards at the following thresholds that will give you additional benefits:
- 10 qualifying nights or 25,000 basis points – earn Discoverist status
- 20 Qualifying Nights or 35,000 Base Points – earn two Club Lounge Access Awards
- 30 Qualifying Nights or 50,000 Base Points – Earn Explorist status plus two Club Lounge access awards and a free Category 1-4 night award
- 40 Qualifying Nights or 65,000 Basis Points – Earn 5,000 Bonus Points or a $ 100 Hyatt Gift Card
- 50 Qualifying Nights or 80,000 Base Points – earn two Suite Upgrade Awards
- 60 Qualifying Nights or 100,000 Basis Points – Receive Globalist status plus two upgrade awards for suites and one free night for categories 1-7
- 70 Qualifying Nights – 10,000 Bonus Points or a Suite Upgrade Award
- 80 Qualifying Nights – 10,000 Bonus Points or a Suite Upgrade Award
- 90 Qualifying Nights – 10,000 Bonus Points or a Suite Upgrade Award
- 100 Qualifying Nights – 10,000 Bonus Points or a Suite Upgrade Award
Redeem your free Category 1-7 night at the Park Hyatt Maldives
Hyatt Club Access Awards Basics
While most of these perks are fairly straightforward, club entry awards can create confusion. Each Club Access Award gives you access to a hotel’s club lounge for a stay of up to seven consecutive nights.
Club access awards apply to eligible prizes paid as well as free night awards and points + cash bookings. However, you are not eligible for bookings with free nightly certificates or ineligible paid rates.
Take advantage of your Club Access Reward at the Hyatt Regency Kiev
How can globalist members take advantage of club access awards?
Globalist members receive four club entry awards per year through the Milestone Rewards program, which can create confusion.
Why? Because Globalist members already have guaranteed access to the lounge. Additionally, these Club Lounge access awards are non-transferable, so you cannot use them to stay on someone else’s behalf.
Compare this to suite upgrade awards, which are valuable as they allow you to confirm a suite upgrade in advance.
What value should club access awards actually have for globalist members? Well, there are two circumstances in which they might come in handy:
- When a Globalist member books two rooms, a lounge access award can be used to secure lounge access for the second room. So you can use this for friends and family, but only if they are traveling with you
- Globalist members can use Club Lounge Access Awards to secure lounge access in case they do not re-qualify for status. Lounge access awards are valid for the entire year after which they are earned. So if you haven’t re-qualified for Globalist, you can use it to secure lounge access
As I said earlier, these can’t just be passed on to friends and family members who travel alone. So they have relatively limited value.
Finally, remember that as a globalist member you can use your points to make a guest of honor booking for others who will then receive globalist benefits. So this is only potentially valuable if someone is traveling with you for a paid stay and not a points stay.
Take advantage of your Club Access Reward at the Hyatt Regency Tashkent
The Hyatt Milestone Rewards program offers valuable perks such as suite upgrade awards, bonus points and free nightly certificates. The perk that creates the most confusion for Globalist members is the Club Access Rewards, as Globalist members are already guaranteed club access.
Obviously, these are valuable to other elite members who would otherwise not have access to the club lounge, while they are less valuable to globalist members. I know I currently have 12 of these on my account.
Hopefully the above explains the relatively few circumstances in which you as a globalist member can get value from this.
When traveling with others and staying at the Hyatt, I usually book a guest of honor for the second room. In the case of a paid stay, however, I can also imagine using a club access premium for the second room so that my friends / family can also get access.