This is an extremely generous offering, but it has some major limitations.
Starting today, California residents who sign up for the Alaska Mileage Plan can receive a discount code that is valid for flights to Alaska within California for the cost of taxes and fees only:
- This applies to the first 25,000 California residents to enroll in the Mileage Plan program or through March 3, 2021, whichever comes first
- Those who successfully sign up using this link will receive a discount code valid for flights to Alaska Airlines within California. Taxes and fees start at $ 15 one way. This applies to a one-way trip or a return trip
- Eligible members will receive an email on March 5, 2021 with booking instructions, as the flight must be booked by March 7, 2021
- The trip must take place between March 29 and May 26, 2021. Travel Mondays to Thursdays are only permitted
- If you need to change your flight, the discount code will expire
California residents who sign up for the Alaska Mileage Plan can get a code for a free round-trip California ticket and only have to pay taxes and fees.
This is an incredible offer provided you are comfortable traveling for the months to come. The catch is that there is a limited amount of time that you can book your ticket, you can only travel Monday through Thursday, and you cannot change your ticket. In the coronavirus era, these are some pretty big restrictions.
It also assumes that you are not a member of the Alaska Mileage Plan. I assume that most of the OMAAT readers are members.
Can California Residents Benefit From It?